Starting October 1st, 2014 the a.r.t.e.s. Graduate School for the Humanities Cologne, the Graduate School of the Faculty of Arts and Humanities of the University of Cologne offers 8 Scholarships for PhD Preparation each of € 950 and for a time period of six months.
The a.r.t.e.s. Graduate School, a winner of the Excellence Initiative of the German Federal and State Governments, addresses graduates who have recently obtained their university degrees. The scholarship offers the opportunity of developing a PhD research project to be pursued at the University of Cologne and with particular focus on interdisciplinary questions.
The Graduate School orientates itself within a specialised concept of the Humanities, going beyond the dichotomy of the arts, cultural and natural sciences. We lay particular importance not only on cognitive and linguistic models of knowledge but also value hermeneutic and historically-contextual models. These concepts encompass the cognitive, cultural and theoretical principles of intellectual work and create the conditions necessary for the emergence and formation of knowledge. They also incorporate the perception and reception of transculturation processes and their factual anthropological-ethical terms.
Closing date is June 6th, 2014. Please send your application to the following address:
a.r.t.e.s. Graduate School for the Humanities Cologne
University of Cologne
Dr. Artemis Klidis-Honecker
Albertus Magnus Platz
D-50923 Köln | Germany
For further information on a.r.t.e.s. and the application procedure see www.artes.uni-koeln.de
- Welcome to the Autonomous University of Madrid
- Experts & Expertise in Motion @Prague
- Experts & Expertise in Motion
- #Graines2018 impressions
- Farewell Reims 2018
- Welcome to our Writing Session #Graines2018
- Commentary: History and its Sources – after the Digital Turn, GRAINES Summer School 2017
- GRAINES Summer School – History and its Sources: After the Digital Turn – A reflection
- CfP – 5th GRAINES Summer School, 5-8 September 2017, Basel. History and its sources – after the digital turn
- The 4th GRAINES summer school – A short review